This naturally sweetened smoothie is packed with fresh fruit, dates to sweeten, Greek yogurt to add creaminess, chia seeds and flax meal.
This strawberry, banana, orange and kale smoothie doesn't mess around! It's an easy smoothie that packs in so much natural sweetness and nutrition.
- Bananas: Use fresh, yellow bananas. Slice into ⅓-1/2 inch slices and freeze.
- Strawberries: Slice into ⅓-1/2 inch slices and freeze.
- Orange Juice: Fresh squeezed orange juice is the best option with no added sugar.
- Kale: Use fresh kale for best texture and flavor.
- Dried Dates: I love using Deglet dates. If you have fresh dates you can use that as a substitution, just make sure to remove pits!
- Greek Yogurt: I love using Fage Greek yogurt for best flavor and thickness. Any fat percentage will do.
- Flax Meal: It's best to grind flax seeds prior to adding it to the smoothie. If there are whole seeds going into the blender with all other ingredients, they likely won't all break down.
- Chia Seeds: You can choose to grind up the chia seeds with flax seeds prior to adding any other ingredients. Chia seeds will help to thicken the smoothie.
Kick start your day with this smoothie that loads you up with vitamins A, K, B6, C, E, calcium, potassium, fiber, magnesium, manganese, iron, copper, and folate.
Equipment Used in this Recipe
- Instant Pot Ace Plus 10-in-1 Smoothie and Soup Blender
Strawberry Banana Orange and Kale Smoothie
- 1 cup sliced bananas (freeze)
- 1 cup sliced strawberries (freeze)
- ¼ cup chopped kale (fresh)
- ¾ cup fresh squeezed orange juice
- ¼ cup dried dates (about 4)
- 1 tablespoon plain Greek yogurt
- 2 teaspoon chia seeds
- 2 teaspoon flax meal
- Slice bananas and strawberries. Freeze for 6 hour or overnight.
- Once bananas and strawberries are frozen, add them to a blender along with all other ingredients. Blend until smooth.
- Add fresh fruit or berries to the top!