Refreshing and healthy this recipe is great for breakfast, lunch, dessert, or a snack!
I'm always looking for a way to create a healthy and delicious breakfast, fast. This tropical chia seed pudding hits the spot every time!
What makes a recipe even better? When you can prep it the night before to save time in morning for actually sitting and enjoying a meal.
- Coconut Milk: I use unsweetened milk. There are many varieties out there with different thicknesses, but I like to use a full fat coconut milk.
- Chia Seeds: These will act as a thickening agent as well as add wonderful nutrition.
- Shredded Coconut: I recommend using unsweetened coconut. You can use finely shredded, larger shreds, or coconut flakes for this recipe because you'll be blending it to a powder.
- Mango: I absolutely love yellow mangos. They're smaller, sweeter, and often not as fibrous. You can use fresh or frozen mangos, but fresh often gives you a better flavor.
- Banana: Use fresh, ripe bananas that are yellow and not browning. Yellow bananas are best to help thicken this pudding and give it the freshest flavor. If you use a browning banana it won't thicken as much and you'll get a slightly different flavor with added sugar.
- Honey: I love raw honey for natural sweetness. Try to find a local honey for the best nutrition! I haven't tried any other sweeteners but if you're looking for alternatives you could try maple syrup, agave or sorghum.
- Peaches and Blackberry Cream and Crunch
- The Easiest Cold Brew Coffee
- Lace Pancakes
- Summer Fruit Bowl (with honey cider vinegar drizzle)
Tropical Chia Seed Pudding
- ½ cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 2 teaspoon chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened shredded coconut
- ½ cup + 5 tbsp fresh or frozen mango
- 2 tablespoon banana
- 1 teaspoon raw honey
- In a bowl or mason jar combine ½ cup coconut milk with 2 teaspoons chia seeds. Stir using a chopstick and let sit for about 6 hours or overnight.
- In a blender grind shredded coconut to a powder. In same blender add mango, banana, and honey and blend until smooth.
- In a bowl or 8 oz. mason jar layer chia seed/coconut mix with fruit mixture.