Making hummus more versatile with a recipe perfect for lunch or dinner!
While typical quesadillas are grilled, I like to serve this cold with plain tortilla.
- Red Pepper and Garlic Hummus
- Roma Tomatoes
- Sweet Bell Peppers (red, yellow, orange)
- Yellow Onion
- Flour Tortillas
Hummus: I use my Red Pepper and Garlic Hummus recipe for this dish but go ahead and switch it up with other hummuses if you want.
Prep Time: I’m not taking into account the time to make the hummus from scratch. Using raw garbanzo beans take about 45 minutes, canned or pre-made garbanzo beans takes only about 5 minutes.
I have a reason for blending all ingredients together. I love recipes like this for my toddler, but she’ll pick apart food like quesadillas and sandwiches. This way all ingredients are together to encourage all ingredients to be eaten, and they will be!
Option to grill this stove top or in a toaster oven but you might have some leakage!
Veggie and Hummus Cold Quesadilla
- 1 cups red bell pepper and garlic hummus Use my homemade recipe
- ½ roma tomato diced
- ½ avocado diced
- 2 tablespoon diced red/yellow/orange bell pepper
- 1 tablespoon minced yellow onion
- 1 large white or wheat tortilla
- Using my pre-made red bell pepper and garlic hummus, add remaining ingredients and combine in a small bowl. Scoop onto a tortilla and serve as is or grilled.
Leave a comment and rating, I'd love to hear from you!