Incredibly fresh guacamole packed with fresh vegetables, lemon and lime juice, and cilantro!
Fresh, homemade guacamole can't be beat. You get much better flavor, texture, and nutrition when you make it from scratch!
This recipe is full of flavor and pairs well with all Mexican dishes.
I kept this recipe smaller since guacamole doesn't store well, but you can easily double or triple the recipe in the recipe card below to feed a larger crowd!
- Avocado- It's easiest to scrape out the avocado with a spoon, particularly if the avocado is still a little firm.
- Roma Tomatoes- You get the most meat out of a Roma whereas a beefsteak tomato has a lot more juice and seeds.
- Onion- You get the most flavor and color with a purple onion. Of course half the time I end up using yellow or brown onions when they're lower cost, and they still work great.
- Fresh Cilantro- This is such an important ingredient and adds a ton of flavor.
- Sea Salt- You can substitute with table salt but decrease amount due to it being a finer ground.
- Lime Juice- Fresh squeezed is the best!
- Lemon Juice- Fresh squeezed all the way, you'll get much fresher flavor.
- Fresh Garlic- You get the best flavor with fresh garlic. However, if you are serving this guacamole to kids or someone who doesn't like spice, try a little garlic powder instead!
- Jalapeno- For added spice, I recommend fresh jalapeno because it also adds more texture! You can use hot sauce instead.
Option to blend all ingredients. Just note that doing so will bring out the garlic flavor more.
- Salsa Verde (Green Chili Salsa)
- Homemade Mason Jar Ranch Dressing
- Beef and Bean Chimichangas
- Barley and Beans
- Easy Taco Filling (3 ways)
Guacamole From Scratch
- 3 medium avocados
- ½ cups Roma tomatoes diced
- ¼ cups onion, minced (purple or yellow)
- ¼ cups + 1 tbsp cilantro, chopped and packed
- ⅛ teaspoon sea salt (+ more to taste)
- 1 ½ teaspoon fresh lime juice
- 2 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 teaspoon diced jalapeno optional. About ½ a jalapeno
- In a medium bowl, mash avocados to desired smoothness.
- Add remaining ingredients and combine. Refrigerate for at least an hour if possible to let season (or at least 30 minutes).