This healthy salad is bright, flavorful, and all around fun! The strawberry balsamic dressing adds creaminess and a touch of tang to make for a great side dish! Add a protein and make it a main meal!
Dress up any meal by adding this sunshiny-cheerful addition! This Summer Burst Spinach Salad has a bunch of great seasonal fruits as well as delicious baked sweet potato, all topped on fresh spinach for a crunchy, creamy, and sweet side dish!
Raise your hand if you reach for avocado or tomato and think "great, I'm getting my veggies in?" I'm 100% in that boat....even though they're really fruits. But really, who cares in this case?? This salad packs in so much and it's enjoyable to look at!
Let's keep this simple and I'll avoid writing all about how my day was leading up to making this salad and how the weather was.
Try More Salad Recipes
- Berry Bright Salad
- Grilled Chicken Salad
- Fresh Cucumber Tomato Salad
- Healthy Crab Salad (with Greek yogurt)
- Greek Quinoa Salad
Summer Burst Spinach Salad
- 2 cups fresh spinach, chopped
- ½ cup cherry tomatoes sliced in half lengthwise
- ½ cup baked sweet potato, cubed
- 1 avocado, sliced
- ½ cup fresh blueberries
- 1 cup nectarines, thinly sliced (option to replace with 1 peach)
Strawberry Vinaigrette Dressing
- 3 tablespoon full fat plain Greek yogurt
- ⅓ cup chopped strawberries
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar (option to replace with apple cider vinegar)
- Wash sweet potato and bake at 400°F for 30 min (small sweet potatoes)-40 minutes (bigger). Use middle rack for both conventional and convection ovens.
- Wash and chop vegetables. Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and toss gently or layer each ingredient to display the salad in a “cleaner way” so you can see all the colors!
Make the Dressing
- Combine all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth. If you don’t have a blender, then chop the strawberries very fine and/or mash them and combine all ingredients to whisk together until combined.
- Serve and enjoy!