A simple, yet unique egg dish that's loaded with 3 different greens and super quick to make!
This page contains affiliated links)
Omelets are such a great way to pack in a lot of nutritional deliciousness all in a nice little egg dish, and this Cheesy Greens Omelet is one of my favorites.
I like to think I eat a lot of greens, but honestly, I don't. However, it's so easy to toss in a variety of greens into any egg dish, whether you're making scrambled eggs, or a larger breakfast casserole!
This is as fun little omelet that you can actually roll up without it cracking in half.
In this omelet I chose to add:
- Collard Greens- option to replace with beet greens or mustard greens.
- Spinach- option to replace with kale. Fresh spinach works better than frozen.
- Chard- rainbow is my favorite!
- Rembrandt Aged Gouda- option to use any preferred cheese but best if it's not too greasy.
- Milk- any fat percentage will work.
- Olive oil-or another high-heat safe oil.
- Eggs- I haven't tried this omelet with only egg whites and it might not hold together as well. This recipe works great with using previously frozen blended eggs!
Equipment Used for this Recipe
HIC Harold Import Co. Dexter-Russell Pancake Turner, Stainless Steel
Try These Similar Recipes
Cheesy Greens Omelet
- ½ tablespoon olive oil (to oil pan)
- 4 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 teaspoon olive oil (to mix in eggs)
- ½ cup spinach (about 2 large leaves)
- ½ cup collard greens (1 large leaf, no ribs)
- ⅓ cup chard (3 small leaves)
- ¼ cup rembrant aged gouda (shredded or in chunks)
- Prepare greens by rinsing leaves and removing ribs from collard greens and chard. Set aside.
- Shred cheese. Set aside
- In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, and olive oil.
- Heat a large skillet on medium heat. Once hot, add egg mixture, cover, and cook for about 3 minutes. Remove lid and place greens down the middle of the eggs and sprinkle with the cheese. Replace the lid for another 30 sec. – 1 minute. Remove from heat.
- Immediately use a spatula to fold one end over the middle, then continue folding the same direction to create a trifold with sealed end down. Let sit for a minute to seal, then serve.