Fresh, bursting with summer flavors, and a simple recipe with anything but simple flavors! This salad uses straight-off-the-cob corn, red bell pepper, green onion, garlic cloves, cilantro, sea salt, apple cider vinegar, pepper, olive oil, and optional avocado!
Have you enjoyed sweet corn fresh from the cob, uncooked, without anything on it? If not, you should try it! When you add the slightest boil or grill to your corn, the flavor can change dramatically! While that can sometimes be good, you can't beat the freshness and sweetness from completely raw corn.
Ingredients for this Fresh Corn Salad
Fresh Sweet Corn is of course the main player here. Look for the freshest corn you can and be sure to use a sharp knife for safer cutting.
Red Bell Pepper adds sweetness and a great crunch.
Green Onion adds a savory flavor as well as a little spice (depending on the freshness of your onion).
Cilantro isn't overpowering but adds wonderful freshness and a flavor!
Garlic of course can't be left out because I think it should be in everything! You can always make your salad a bit spicier by increasing the amount of fresh garlic.
Apple Cider Vinegar is a key player adding moisture, sweetness, and a little tang. I have tried this recipe with a little more cider vinegar and it's easy to overdo it. I purposefully kept it light and you can add more to your taste.
Olive Oil does add a bit of flavor and helps combine with the cider vinegar for a light "sauce."
Salt and Pepper are to taste, but I kept the salt light.
Avocado goes well in this recipe but you have to make sure to add it at the end. The more you stir the salad with avocado the more it will mash and turn it creamier. Just toss it on at the end. It will also alter the flavor slightly so you can always give it a taste without avocado and decide if you want to add it or not!
This salad will stay fresh in an airtight container in your fridge for a few days!
If you liked this recipe you may also like these other cold side salads:
- Summer Burst Spinach Salad
- Fresh Cucumber Tomato Salad
- Greek Quinoa Salad
- Berry Bright Salad
- Grilled Chicken Salad
Fresh Corn Salad
- 2 ½ cups raw corn kernels cut fresh from about 2 large ears of corn
- ½ cup finely diced green onion
- ½ cup finely diced red bell pepper
- 2 cloves minced garlic medium cloves equaling about 2 teaspoon packed
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- ⅓ cup finely chopped cilantro
- 1 avocado diced into cubes (make sure to add this last)
- Using a sharp knife, slice the kernels off about 2 ears of corn. Add to a large bowl, along with the remaining prepared vegetables (except avocado).
- In a small bowl, combine olive oil, cider vinegar, sea salt, pepper. Add to the bowl of vegetables and top with the chopped cilantro. Gently toss everything together.If you choose to include avocado, add that last, otherwise it will get mashed!Enjoy!
Leave a comment and rating, I'd love to hear from you!