This egg casserole is loaded with delicious vegetables keeping it healthy, while also being filling and incredibly comforting!
(This page contains affiliated links)
Breakfast casseroles are one of my all time favorite breakfasts. Let me count the ways - quick to make, great for large crowds or lots of leftovers, easy to freeze, easy to add different proteins and vegetables, great for kids and adults alike.
This healthy breakfast casserole dish has the perfect portion of seasonings to give it terrific flavor while not taking away from the flavor of the veggies and eggs!
- Large eggs: this is a great recipe to make sure of previously frozen, blended eggs.
- Plain Greek yogurt and milk: any fat percentage for both will work.
- Olive oil: option to use avocado oil.
- Russet potatoes: red potatoes will be softer but they will also work. You can also try sweet potatoes.
- Chard: option to replace with collard greens, beet greens, or spinach, however, spinach will add more moisture.
- Yellow onion: option to use any type
- Fresh garlic cloves: option to use minced garlic (although canned will have a different taste) or only garlic powder.
- Fresh parmesan cheese: so much better freshly grated!
- Parsley: use fresh curly or Italian flat-leaf parsley.
- Seasonings: sea salt, dried rosemary leaves or ground, paprika, freshly ground black pepper
- Optional add-ins: bacon, ham, sausage, bell pepper, green onion, green chilis
Equipment Used for this Recipe
This Pyrex 3QT Glass Baking Dish is my all time favorite. If I'm not baking in CorningWare then I use my Pyrex. If you're expecting some leftovers, this pan is the best because it comes with a lid!
- Veggie Frittata
- Perfect Hash Browns
- Homemade Italian Sausage Links
- Carrot Zucchini Kale and Banana Muffins
- Almond Vanilla Granola
Healthy Breakfast Casserole
- 12 large eggs
- 1 cup full fat plain Greek yogurt
- ½ cup whole milk
- ¾ cup diced russet potatoes (¼ inch cubes)
- 1 cup chopped chard (or beet greens)
- ½ cup diced yellow onion
- 2 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 cup shredded fresh parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup curly parsley (chopped and packed)
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon dried rosemary (whole leaves or ground)
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- fresh ground black pepper to taste
- Optional Add Ins: diced baked bacon, diced ham, sausage, bell pepper, green chilis
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Set rack to middle setting.
- In a large bowl whisk together all wet ingredients.Prepare all vegetables, then add them to the wet ingredients. Add all seasonings and combine well.
- Lightly spray a cake pan (9 x 13 inch). Pour in mixture and bake for 40 minutes, uncovered. Let cool for a few minutes before dividing into portions ( you choose how big)!Serve with salsa or hot sauce!