This parfait has it all! blueberry pie filling, creamy and rich mascarpone, and sweet and crunchy granola! Make each layer from scratch for a delightful, no-bake, dreamy dessert.
(This page contains affiliated links)
How often do you crave a dessert that's rich, refreshing, and you don't have to bake it? For me that's quite often. This Blueberry Mascarpone Parfait is such a fun and flavor-packed dessert and there's the option to make each layer from scratch, or cheat on any/all layers and buy them at the store, then put it all together for a wonderful combination and killer dessert that'll impress anyone!
This recipe has 3 layers consisting of: a mascarpone cream layer, a blueberry pie/compote layer, and a crunchy granola layer.
I started making this when I was on a homemade mascarpone kick and we had it all the time. We happened to get a lot of blueberries around that time, and I love making granola from scratch. I didn't make the layers in 1 sitting but over the course of a couple days. Each step stores really well so it's easy to do that!
I have not taken into consideration the time it takes to make each layer from scratch when reporting the "prep time" and "cook time." Please see below for the timing on each layer, should you choose that route (which I highly recommend).
Making Each Layer from Scratch
Blueberry Pie Filling
Use my recipe for Homemade Blueberry Pie Filling!
You'll need: Fresh blueberries, lemons for zesting and juicing, raw honey, arrowroot powder (option to replace with cornstarch), citric acid, and water.
I love using Bob's Red Mill Arrowroot Starch/Flour which you can find on Amazon most local grocery stores near the gluten free flours.
Citric Acid is really easy to get in you local grocery store. Just search your baking isle or you can buy it on Amazon here.
Almond Vanilla Granola
This recipe is a must have you you're into making your own cereals and granola and you can find my complete recipe here! I intentionally kept it pretty basic so that it could be more versatile to use with other recipes.
My granola uses only honey as a natural sweetener, raw almonds, rolled oats, unrefined coconut oil, flaxseed, almond and vanilla extracts, and a touch of warm water.
You can easily make this gluten free by making sure you get certified gluten free rolled oats.
If you're wondering if you can replace the blended almonds with almond flour, my answer would be no. Almond flour will be dry and have less flavor whereas blended almonds have more texture, more moisture, and a lot more sweetness! They're a perfect secret ingredient to making great homemade granola.
For this layer I used my Homemade Mascarpone recipe which really isn't that hard, just time consuming with waiting for it to sit and chill and you need some patience with taking it on and off the burner.
To that mascarpone I added Greek yogurt, raw honey, and lemon juice.
Just know that depending on whether you make your mascarpone from scratch or get it store bought, you might need to add a touch more lemon. Just follow the recipe and add more if you want it!
It would be easy to replace the Greek yogurt with whipped cream or heavy cream, or if you're wanting to skip the mascarpone you can try a Greek yogurt and heavy cream/whipped cream combination. I will tell you that the mascarpone adds a richness that you can't get with other combinations, but it would still be a delicious dessert, I'm sure!
Once you have all the separate layers complete or set aside ready to go, putting everything together takes a very short amount of time!
You can adjust the amount you want on each layer, just know that what I have in the recipe will make 2- 8oz. glasses so if you adjust the portions you might have leftovers or not enough for 2!
Double or triple the recipe if you're wanting to make this for a larger gathering! The 2 servings are hefty, but that doesn't mean the glasses won't be licked clean!
- Tropical Chia Seed Pudding
- No bake Peanut Butter Coconut Cups
- Caramel Walnut Ice Cream (no churn, no egg)
- Homemade Blueberry Ice Cream (no churn, no egg)
- Homemade Strawberry Ice Cream (no churn, no egg)
- Homemade Whipped Cream by Hand
Blueberry Mascarpone Parfait
For the Mascarpone Layer
- 1 cup mascarpone
- ¼ cup full fat plain Greek yogurt option to replace with whipped cream or heavy cream
- 2 tablespoon raw honey
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
For the Blueberry Pie Filling Layer
- ½ cup blueberry pie filling or blueberry compote, split (see instructions below for a link to my Blueberry Pie Filling recipe)
- fresh blueberries to garnish the top
For the Granola Layer
- ½ cup loose almond granola, split (See below for my homemade Almond Granola recipe, link found below and above in narrative)
- optional honey drizzle to taste as garnish
- I chose to make each step from scratch. If you have the time and desire I would recommend doing so because it’s amazing! If that’s not your choice, then try even 1 step with my homemade recipes and buy the others at the store!
Mascarpone Cream Layer
- Option to follow my recipe for Homemade Mascarpone which takes just over 1 hour to make and 24 hours to chill.
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine 1 cup mascarpone, ¼ cup Greek yogurt, 2 tablespoon honey, and 2 tablespoon fresh squeezed lemon juice. Whisk well by hand or use a hand/stand mixer to get it even fluffier. Set aside in the fridge to chill.
- Option to follow my recipe for Homemade Almond Granola. I like this granola for the parfait because it’s not overly sweet and it doesn’t have overpowering flavors that would conflict with the blueberry. If you’re using a store bought granola I’d stick with something basic and nutty.
- Set aside ½ cup granola.
Blueberry Pie Filling Layer
- Please follow my recipe for Blueberry Pie Filling.
- Set aside ½ cup blueberry pie filling.
Assembling the Layers
- Using a glass mug or bowl, (so you can see all the beautiful layers), layer the following:
- ½ cup mascarpone cream mixture
- ¼ cup granola
- ¼ cup blueberry pie filling
- ¼ cup mascarpone cream mixture
- ¼ cup granola
- ¼ cup blueberry pie filling
- Top with fresh blueberries and optional honey drizzle
Leave a comment and rating, I'd love to hear from you!